Awareness of adults with lower limb amputation towards disaster preparedness in Dasmarinas City, Cavite
Date of Completion
Bachelor of Science in Occupational Therapy
Disasters, Lower Extremity, Amputation
The research study is a quantitative-descriptive study. The respondents for this study were composed of adults with lower limb amputation residing in Dasmarinas, Cavite. Using purposive sampling, these respondents were identified through the data provided by the Persons with Disability Affairs Office (PDAO) - Dasmarinas, Cavite, and upon confirmation of their participation, the researchers gathered data from 30 respondents. The researchers constructed a questionnaire to gather the needed data for the study. The questionnaire was composed of close-ended questions and was based on the review of related literature. Data was analyzed through frequency distribution, mean and mode. The study concluded that Among the r30 adults with lower limb amputation who participated on the study, majority of them were 40 years old and above with a percentage of 83%, on the other hand, 17% of the respondents were aged 20 to 40 years old; when it comes to gender, the majority of the respondents were male with percentage of 53% and female with a percentage of 47%. In terms of educational, majority of the respondent ere high school graduate with a percentage of 37% and only 27% of them were college graduate. While those respondent whose educational attainment were college graduate garnered only 27%. Generally, we can concluded that the 30 respondents were least aware of the measures to be taken before an earthquake occurs and are most aware of the measures to be taken before a typhoon occurs. Also, the respondents are least aware of the measures to be taken during earthquakes and most aware of the measures to be taken during typhoons. it is also proves that the respondents were most aware of the measures to be taken after an earthquake, a typhoon and flood occur than before and during disaster prepared measures to be taken.
Marfin M. Dela Peña, OTRP, MMBM
Carbonell, M. E., Dapar, G. C. B., Del Mundo, M. V. R., Dimaranan, D. M., Plete, A. R. L., & Pojol, A. D. P. (2018, November). Awareness of adults with lower limb amputation towards disaster preparedness in Dasmarinas City, Cavite. GreenPrints. https://greenprints.dlshsi.edu.ph/bsot/3/