Date of Completion


Document Type

Capstone Project

Degree Name

Grade 12


Philhealth, Health Insurance, Philhealth Benefit Packages, SDG Related Benefit Packages


The National Health Insurance Act of 1995 or RA 7875 constituted the Philippine Health Insurance Corporation with the aim of ensuring Filipinos accessible, affordable, available, and acceptable healthcare. However, the corporation still encounters conflicts such as the low utilization rate of benefits due to the lack of knowledge causing universal health care to remain out of reach to some areas of the population, particularly in rural populations. With that, the researchers studied the population of Nasugbu, Batangas using an online survey with the aim of providing a description of the level of knowledge of PhilHealth members towards the SDG Related Benefits and as well as to categorize the data gathered from the respondents based on their age group, sex, type of PhilHealth membership, years as a PhilHealth member, and educational attainment. The study follows a scoring system based on the Likert scale. The derivation of the description of the level of knowledge of philhealth members will be taken from the interpretation of the scoring system. These interpretations include “not at all knowledgeable” corresponding to 1-20% of the total score, “slightly knowledgeable” for 21-40% of the total score, “moderately knowledgeable” for 41- 60% of the total score, “very knowledgeable” for 61-80% of the total score and “extremely knowledgeable” for 80-100% of the total score. The study will utilize the measures of central tendency and the frequency distribution table as statistical treatments. Results of the study show that Philhealth Members in Nasugbu are “slightly knowledgeable” towards the SDG Related Benefits of Philhealth with an average score of 14/35 in the administered online test. The result of the study is an indication that improvements must be made by Philhealth towards their information dissemination to members, especially to their SDG benefit entitlements.

First Advisor

Carmelette C. Davila