Relationship between the stress levels and coping mechanisms of health workers in Elsie Gaches, Alabang
Date of Completion
Occupational Stress, Coping Behavior
This is an analytic, observational, cross-sectional research design using self-administered questionnaire. The sample population of 64 respondents was randomly selected health workers, either male or female, 18 years old or older doing health related services in Elsie Gaches Village in Alabang, Muntinlupa. Pearson’s correlation coefficient was used to decide whether the claim has an evidence which is sufficient and insufficient to support the study. Majority of the health workers perceived their stress level as moderate severe (85.9%), in contrast the other stress level which is mild (14.1%) resulted to a lower rate to perceive. Furthermore, much of the respondents utilized a positive type of comping mechanism (87.5%) as compared to negative coping mechanism (12.5%). Negative coping and moderate-severe stress computed a p-value less than that of the (p-value 0.00984). Negative coping and mild stress, positive coping and mild stress, and positive coping and moderate-severe stress computed a p-value greater than (p-value 0.404309, 0.627111, and 0.22240, respectively). The study concluded that there was a significant relationship moderate-severe stress and negative coping mechanism among health workers in Elsie Gatches, Alabang, while there was no significant relationship between the following: negative coping and mild stress, positive coping and mild stress and positive coping and moderate-severe stress.
Relationship between the stress levels and coping mechanisms of health workers in Elsie Gaches, Alabang.
Retrieved from https://greenprints.dlshsi.edu.ph/commed/79