Title

Association of general weighted average, performance in national licensure examination and employment profile of graduates of BS Physical Therapy Batch 2006-2011 of De La Salle Health Sciences Institute College of Rehabilitation Sciences (formerly College of Physical Therapy)

Date of Completion

2014

Document Type

Thesis

Degree Name

Bachelor of Science in Physical Therapy

Keywords

Academic Achievement, Licensure Examination, Employment, Physical Therapy Students

Abstract

This is a correlational type of study. The total population which is 528 came from the list of the B.S. Physical Therapy graduates from Batch 2006-2011. Purposive sampling was used in selecting the sample, which is 50 or 23% who answered and participated voluntarily. Data was obtained by reviewing their records as to the general weighted average from 3rd year to 4th year and by requesting the National Licensure Examination Performance from the Dean of the College of Rehabilitation Sciences. On the other hand, the researchers obtained the data of the employment profile from the respondents by administering a questionnaire form. Frequency, Chi-square and percentage were the statistical treatments used in this study. Based from the collected data, a total of 8% had a high passing GWA and 92% had a low passing GWA. Eighty eight percent (88%) passed the National Licensure Examination Performance whereas the remaining 12% failed the examination. Furthermore, a total of 82% from the respondents were employed and 18% were unemployed. Seventy six percent (76%) of the graduates are engaged in a PT related job and 24% in a non-PT related job. Based on the statistical treatment done, the study concluded that there is no sufficient evidence to prove that there is a significant association between the general weighted average, performance in National Licensure Examination and the current employment profile of graduates of B.S. Physical Therapy Batch 2006-2011 of De La Salle Health Sciences Institute College of Rehabilitation Sciences.

This document is currently not available here.

Share

COinS