Date of Completion
Bachelor of Science in Medical Laboratory Science
stress, covid 19, academic stress
This study aims to compare the academic stress levels of CMLS students with and without online businesses, as well as its relation to gender and year level. A comparative cross-sectional study design was used to determine the academic stress levels of CMLS students with and without online businesses. This study utilized a well-structured questionnaire that uses the modified academic stress scale that includes gender and year level. It is subdivided into 6 parts and contains 48 questions. It has a scale ranging from no stress to extreme stress. For the statistical analysis, Measures of Central Tendency, Statistical Mean, Standard Deviation, Average Weighted Mean, Independent t-test, and One-way ANOVA were utilized to interpret the data obtained.
Results show that majority of the participants are female, which amounts to 48 (80.00%) of the total participants, while the remaining 12 (20.00%) are male. Half of the participants with online businesses (50.00%) have food as their category, while the other half are a mixture of diverse categories. The CMLS students with online businesses amount to an average weighted mean of 3.41 which is depicted as ‘high stress’, while the average weighted mean of CMLS students without online businesses is 3.30, which is indicative of moderate stress. Two sample t-Test was utilized to compare the academic stress levels between the students and there is no significant difference between CMLS students with and without online businesses. There is no significant difference as well in terms of gender and college year level.
Vincent Mark Tandog
Abejar, J., Dela Cruz, H. A., Larumbe, J. E., Marcelo, K. A., & Martinez, P. A. (2021). A Comparative cross-sectional study on the academic stress levels between cmls students with and without online businesses amidst the covid-19 pandemic. [Bachelor's thesis, De La Salle Medical and Health Sciences Institute]. GreenPrints. https://greenprints.dlshsi.edu.ph/bsmls/58/